Beautiful Interlachen Country Club located in Winter Park, FL has an opening for a part-time Housemen in our Main Clubhouse. The location of many of the Club’s dining venues, the Clubhouse features The Highland Grille, an upscale casual dining room, as well as the Tartan Lounge, an elegant bar. Experience in hospitality and/or banquet set-up is preferred.
SUMMARY: Housemen play a vital role on the Banquets Team by ensuring all meetings and events are correctly set-up to guarantee a memorable experience for Members, families, and guests.
- Tears-down and sets-up meeting and event rooms, daily. This may include stripping the room of all its furniture and resetting the room per the specifications outlined by the BEO (Banquet Event Order).
- Properly cares for, moves, and stores equipment, such as tables, chairs, risers, dance floor, and lecterns, and room supplies, such as linen, pads, pens/pencils and candy, etc.
- Periodically clean the meeting and event rooms. This includes, but is not limited to, straightening chairs, clearing the used dishes and glassware from the tables, straightening the chairs, changing soiled table linen, emptying trash and restocking materials such as pads and pens.
- Participates as a team member with Banquet Servers, Banquet Bartenders, Banquet Bar-backs, Banquet Cooks, Banquet Captains, Banquet Manager and any pertinent company employees in producing a smoothly and efficiently run operation that meets the highest standards of customer service.
COMPENSATION (Non-tipping): Competitive based on experience.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Holiday pay, bonuses, and occasional overtime opportunities are available.
- Employee meals, golf and fishing privileges, and employee events throughout the year.
- Opportunities for growth within the company.
- Convenient to several local colleges and universities including UCF and Rollins.
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Director
AVAILABILITY: Must be flexible and able to work days, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- The position requires mobility. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, kneel, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, communicate, reach, and manipulate objects.
- Duties require attentiveness to visual and audible cues.
- May be required to work in the heat and sun for periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- May be required to climb step stools of a height of 3 feet.
- Must be capable of working under pressure.
Interlachen Country Club promotes an equal employment opportunity work place which includes reasonable accommodation of otherwise qualified disabled applicants and employees. Interlachen Country Club is a Drug Free Workplace and conducts Criminal Background checks.