In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Assist the Director of Housekeeping in the overall running of the housekeeping department. The Assistant Director of Housekeeping is in charge of the Laundry Department. He/She assumes the Director of Housekeeping role in the absence of the Director.
1. Follow all rules and regulations as outlined in employee handbook.
2. Manage and supervise the Laundry Department, its processes and employees.
3. Create distribute and post the Laundry schedule following company guidelines.
4. Management and supervision of all laundry associates.
5. Manages all functions of the Laundry Department.
6. Report guest/employee complaints immediately to the Executive Housekeeper, and/or Human Resources.
7. Constantly monitor and ensure the personal grooming of all laundry associates reflects personal pride at all times.
8. Ensure that associates are trained to be respectful and discreet towards guests, coworkers and property.
9. Ensure all associates adhere to all security measures.
10. Instigate and maintain high morale and motivation of associates through positive leadership and explanation of the key role the department plays.
11. Understand and comply with all aspects of hotel’s health, safety and fire policy.
12. Identify and report any health or safety hazard.
13. Ensure proper care of laundry equipment within the department.
1. Assist with supervision of all housekeeping associates and contract cleaners throughout property.
2. Report guest/employee complaints immediately to the Executive Housekeeper, and/or Human Resources.
3. Implement and ensure that proper key controls are in effect.
4. Constantly monitor and ensure the personal grooming of all housekeeping associates reflects personal pride at all times.
5. Ensure that associates are trained to be respectful and discreet towards guests, coworkers and property.
6. Ensure proper care of furniture, fixtures and equipment within the hotel.
7. Ensure that all maintenance requests are reported to engineering department. In addition, report to Director of Housekeeping and Engineering any laundry or housekeeping equipment needing repair or replacement.
8. Ensure guest privacy is respected and considered confidential.
9. Turn in all articles left by guests to housekeeping with no exception.
10. Handle all phone traffic with proper telephone etiquette.
11. Assist maintaining housekeeping personnel records and attendance schedules.
12. Oversee daily payroll records, approving vacation and sick time off.
13. Coordinate guest requests with Supervisors.
14. Assist with development of inspection schedule to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness standards for all guest rooms and public areas.
15. Read and update department log book.
16. Coordinate requests from other departments.
17. Monitor and control housekeeping department inventory (room supplies, amenities, linen, terry and uniforms) and distribution of inventory. Assists with housekeeping inventories.
18. Make decisions and execute them to solve any operational problems that may arise during the day.
19. Involve supervisors in as many administrative functions as possible to further develop them.
20. Carry out other duties as may be required to ensure the Hotel Operation is properly maintained to provide total guest satisfaction.
21. Embraces Cavallo Point’s Approachable Luxury Philosophy Card and Culture, inspiring the employees to follow and embrace our Values and goals.
22. Check VIP rooms and long staying guests on a daily basis
23. Assist in preparing the agenda for departmental meetings and follow up of all points raised.
24. Assist with development and execution of training schedule for each new associate joining the department.
25. Identify the training requirements of team and organize on-the-job training in collaboration with Supervisors and Director of Housekeeping.
26. Ensure that the hotels grievance, disciplinary and guarantee of fair treatment procedures are followed precisely.
27. Assign daily sections for Attendant / House-attendant / Supervisor, when required.
28. Assist in development and execution of administrative procedures.
29. Set up and execute inspection schedules to ensure proper maintenance and cleanliness standards are being maintained in rooms and public spaces as directed.
30. Perform any special job assigned by Director of Housekeeping and Director of Rooms.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS:
· Computer systems literate, preferably Word, Excel, Opera, Unifocus, Time and Attendance.
· Excellent communicator and demeanor with employees.
· Fluent in English and Spanish is a plus.
· Able to write reports, evaluations and conduct disciplinary notifications for employees in English.
· Organized and detail oriented.
· Able to make calculations and interpret financial and inventory reports
Ability to communicate clearly to staff, managers and guests required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Three years’ experience supervising housekeeping and the laundry departments in a 5 star / 5 diamond property.
2.High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
3.Hospitality Management Degree beneficial.
4.Must be able to bend, lift, stretch, walk up and down stairs, push, pull, handle and finger items with dexterity.
5.Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
|Address||601 Murray Circle, Sausalito, CA, 94965 View map|